Module 1: May 17 - 20, 2018
Module 2: September 14 - 16, 2018
Module 3: November 30 - Dec 2, 2018
Take your movement potential, teaching, and health to the next level! Become a Pelvic Power instructor in this 10-day course, and experience the Franklin Method approaches to Imagery, Experiential Anatomy, and Reconditioning Movement.
What you will learn:
• The steps and tools to create consistent positive change in yourself and your clients.
• How to help people move better in a systematic, easily approachable manner.
• What the mind body connection really is and how to teach this to any audience.
• How embodiment will reinvigorate your teaching and improve your own function.
• How to feel great in your body in minutes and how to teach that skill to others.
• How to master the best cuing skills for successful and enjoyable teaching.
• Practical insights into the embodiment of function - from biomechanical synchronization to movement excellence.
• How to teach several Franklin Method workshops and weekly classes.
The Training Includes:
• 10 day training with Franklin Method Educators Tom McCook and Morten Dithmer
• Franklin Method® Pelvic Power Instructor certificate
• Online educator tools: Franklin Method® principles, Pelvic Power online program, introduction into dynamic imagery & human anatomy
• Franklin Method® Pelvic course manual
• Set of Franklin Method balls, and a Franklin Band
• PMA CEC Credits are available
"The Franklin Training is the most intelligent approach to learning about the workings of the body I have ever attended. It is not just information, it is the experience of our design as we learn, that is transforming."
Who can attend?
This is open to anyone wanting to learn how to be healthier and access their full movement potential! It is also an amazing continuing education opportunity for Pilates, fitness, body/mind, and rehab educators.
Cost & Registration
$2300 - $2060 early bird special pay in full by 1/30/2018!
$300 non-refundable deposit is due with registration, and the balance is due by 4/15/2018.
Discount - Franklin Method Alumni!
Students who have graduated from Franklin Method Trainings will receive the following disounts off the regular price (early bird discount does not apply)
Level 1 Graduate — 30% Discount
Level 2 Graduate — 60% Discount
Level 3 Graduate — 75% Discount
"The Franklin Method will do more to improve your teaching of any kind of movement than any other system or program I have studied. If you want to become the best teacher you can be, take this program."
Center of Balance, Mountain View CA
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, Center of Balance is an internationally-recognized learning destination and teacher training center, specializing in Pilates, Yoga, CoreAlign, Franklin Method®, BodyCode System and Body Therapy. Students and teachers from throughout the Bay area — and as far as Europe and Asia — travel to our Mountain View studio for training and continuing education.
Tom McCook, founder and director of Center of Balance in Mountain View, CA, is an internationally recognized fitness and movement specialist. Beginning his full time career in personal training in 1984, Tom designs programs for health and life performance for working professionals, people rehabilitating from injuries and world-class athletes including Olympic Gold Medal swimmers Natalie Coughlin, Jenny Thompson and Misty Hyman. Teaching Pilates since 1995, Tom is a Master Instructor of Pilates and CoreAlign for Balanced Body. His teaching approach integrates several mind/body practices including Pilates, yoga, Shiatsu, resistance stretching, Franklin Method, BodyCode System and life coaching. He also is committed to his own daily meditation and movement practice, which broadens his perspective and effectiveness as a teacher. Tom is a sought-after instructor at conferences, retreats and workshops he leads in the US and internationally. His work has been featured in several national magazines, newspapers and television programs. In 2003, Tom produced the exercise video “Combining Pilates & Yoga for Balance.”
Morten Dithmer has been part of the Franklin Method over the last 15 years. He has been instrumental in developing the presence of the Franklin Method in many areas of the world like Asia, Australia, Canada and Scandinavia. He is a Master Franklin Teacher Trainer, as well as the director for the Franklin Method Asia.
Morten is a Franklin Teacher Trainer and teaches worldwide. Morten brings a potent mix of experience from dance, osteopathy, martial arts and comedy to his teaching. He was trained as a dancer at the Rotterdam Dance Academy in Holland, with a career in the performing arts extending over 20 years. He is an instructor in osteopathic bodywork, and holds a 3rd degree black belt and teacher’s license in Aikido, a martial art.Morten has among others taught at; Juilliard School NY, Royal Danish Ballet, Circus De Soleil, Madrid Conservatory of the Arts, LADMMI Montreal, Hong Kong Modern Dance School, The Nike Conference, Taipei University of Arts, Ecole De Danse Quebec, Laban School of Dance London. Morten is based in Denmark.
We are taking great care to ensure that your training will be positive and rewarding. We have covered all costs for each student well in advance of the course. Please take the time to review our cancellation policy:
• The $300 deposit is non-refundable.
• Before February 15, full refund minus the deposit.
• Between February 15 and April 15, 50% refund after deducting the deposit.
• No refund after April 15