Creating a Strong Core and Fluid Spine
with the Franklin Method & Pilates
Friday, February 23
Experience the amazing design of your spine and core, and learn how to keep it youthful for life! We'll combine a Franklin Method lesson on the Spine and Core with Pilates Mat exercises to improve function, efficiency, strength and posture and learn how to get the most from our movement practice.
• Learn the dynamic relationship of the spine and core in optimal alignment using imagery, touch and movement.
• Experience and understand the specific mechanics of the spine, where movement happens and what affects its movement potential. This will also greatly improve your assessment skills.
• Learn to use effective cuing based on the actual human design and what science says is most useful to improve the learning process.
• Embody through practice what muscles need in order to function optimally.
• Learn the fascial relationships of the core to the lower back, pelvis and spine.
Tom McCook, founder and director of Center of Balance in Mountain View, CA, is an internationally recognized fitness and movement specialist. Beginning his full time career in personal training in 1984, Tom designs programs for health and life performance for working professionals, people rehabilitating from injuries and world-class athletes including Olympic Gold Medal swimmers Natalie Coughlin, Jenny Thompson and Misty Hyman. Teaching Pilates since 1995, Tom is a Master Instructor of Pilates and CoreAlign for Balanced Body. His teaching approach integrates several mind/body practices including Pilates, yoga, Shiatsu, resistance stretching, Franklin Method, BodyCode System and life coaching. He also is committed to his own daily meditation and movement practice, which broadens his perspective and effectiveness as a teacher. Tom is a sought-after instructor at conferences, retreats and workshops he leads in the US and internationally. His work has been featured in several national magazines, newspapers and television programs. In 2003, Tom produced the exercise video “Combining Pilates & Yoga for Balance.”
Cost & Registration
Open to anyone wanting to learn how to be healthier and access their full movement potential! It is also an amazing continuing education opportunity for Pilates, fitness, body/mind, and rehab educators. Prepayment and pre-registration required. Call 650-967-6414 to sign up! CECs offered!
Please allow a minimum of 1 week notice if you must cancel your registration, otherwise you will be responsible for the full cost. We will refund your payment only if we can fill the slot.