Pilates & Franklin Method
Advanced Workshop Series for Pilates Teachers
Pelvis, Legs & Feet
May 19, 2018
The Thoracic Spine, Shoulder Girdle & Neck
September 15, 2018
Understand, embody and improve your ability to assist positive change in yourself and others! These advanced workshops for Pilates instructors are an opportunity to upgrade your own movement practice and well-being and your effectiveness as a teacher of movement and health.
You will learn to embody and teach the bone rhythms and muscle activation of the body in combination with Pilates Repertoire and corrective exercises. This way of teaching movement will expand your understanding and ability to improve function and give you amazing tools to assist your clients in life long wellness. PMA CECs provided!
Each session will include:
- An interactive Franklin Method lesson on the bone rhythms and muscle/facial systems with direct application to relevant exercises in the Pilates environment
- Effective tools for tension release, improved posture, movement efficiency, and conditioning
- Movements and assessments in 3 planes of motion to improve posture, the gait cycle in relationship to the feet and being in gravity
- Muscle activation exercises
- Hands-on skills and effective cuing
- Practice time and feedback
- Mobility and corrective exercises
- Resistance Stretching
- Breathing and concentration exercises
- How to integrate imagery into your teaching and movement practice
- Skillful progressions on the Mat, Reformer, Wall Unit, CoreAlign, Bodhi and Chair
Meeting Times: 10:30am - 5pm
Cost & Registration
$275 per workshop
These workshops are for certified comprehensive Pilates instructors who have at least 2 years teaching experience. Register online or call us at 650-967-6414!
Tom McCook, founder and director of Center of Balance in Mountain View, CA, is an internationally recognized fitness and movement specialist. Beginning his full time career in personal training in 1984, Tom designs programs for health and life performance for working professionals, people rehabilitating from injuries and world-class athletes including Olympic Gold Medal swimmers Natalie Coughlin, Jenny Thompson and Misty Hyman. Teaching Pilates since 1995, Tom is a Master Instructor of Pilates and CoreAlign for Balanced Body. His teaching approach integrates several mind/body practices including Pilates, yoga, Shiatsu, resistance stretching, Franklin Method, BodyCode System and life coaching. He also is committed to his own daily meditation and movement practice, which broadens his perspective and effectiveness as a teacher. Tom is a sought-after instructor at conferences, retreats and workshops he leads in the US and internationally. His work has been featured in several national magazines, newspapers and television programs. In 2003, Tom produced the exercise video “Combining Pilates & Yoga for Balance.”
Please allow a minimum of 1 week notice if you must cancel your registration, otherwise you will be responsible for the full cost. We will refund your payment only if we can fill the slot. These are tuition-based courses with no make-up sessions offered.