Workshop with Tom McCook
Saturday, February 23, 2019
10:30am - 5pm
• Develop a practical understanding of the mechanics of the spine and posture.
• Learn the key movements of the spine to keep it healthy for life.
• Learn the main weight-bearing locations in the body for balanced posture, tension release and movement efficiency.
• Practice theraband series for conditioning and postural balance.
• Move and assess in 3 planes of motion to improve posture, the gait cycle and its relationship to the feet and being in gravity.
• Learn progressions of Pilates exercises with a clearer understanding of the origin of each movement for effective cuing, skillful assessment and positive results.
• Learn how to improve pro-prioception and the ability to self-correct to improve posture, movement quality and results.
Tom is an internationally recognized Pilates Master Teacher and movement specialist. Beginning his full-time career in personal training in 1984, Tom designs programs for health and life performance for a range of clients, from Silicon Valley executives and Olympic athletes, to active seniors and people looking for solutions to their imbalances and injuries. Tom's unique approach synthesizes over 30 years of fitness training, Pilates, body therapy, Somatics, the Franklin Method of experiential anatomy and imagery, anatomy in motion, meditation and Life Coaching. His fascination with movement began at an early age playing sports and growing up in a large athletic family with 11 siblings. Tom's teaching focus is to inspire and empower people to access their mind/body intelligence with a practical understanding of their own anatomy through mindful movement and consistent practice. These skills go beyond exercise to cultivate presence, dignity and being responsive and resilient in life. His long and successful history working with athletes include the Stanford women's swim team and four Olympic Gold medal swimmers.
Tom has been leading teacher trainings in the Pilates Method since 2001 at Center of Balance, recognized as a premier movement, body therapy and education center. Tom is part of the teacher training faculty for Balanced Body for PIlates, CoreAlign and the Bodhi suspension system. Tom is also a sought-after international presenter at conferences, retreats and studios worldwide. He is on the teaching staff for the Franklin Method Institute, a groundbreaking education system for improving movement potential, health and mind/body mastery. Tom also reaches an international student audience through his online classes and tutorials on PilatesAnytime.com. In 2003, Tom produced the exercise video “Combining Pilates & Yoga for Balance.”
Cost & Registration
Open to anyone wanting to learn how to be healthier and access their full movement potential! It is also an amazing continuing education opportunity for Pilates, fitness, body/mind, and rehab educators. Prepayment and pre-registration required. Call 650-967-6414 to sign up! CECs offered!
Please allow a minimum of 1 week notice if you must cancel your registration, otherwise you will be responsible for the full cost. We will refund your payment only if we can fill the slot.