Workshop with Tom McCook
Saturday, December 1
10:30am - 5pm
• Develop a practical understanding of the mechanics of the spine and posture.
• Learn the key movements of the spine to keep it healthy for life.
• Learn the main weight-bearing locations in the body for balanced posture, tension release and movement efficiency.
• Practice theraband series for conditioning and postural balance.
• Move and assess in 3 planes of motion to improve posture, the gait cycle and its relationship to the feet and being in gravity.
• Learn progressions of Pilates exercises with a clearer understanding of the origin of each movement for effective cuing, skillful assessment and positive results.
• Learn how to improve pro-prioception and the ability to self-correct to improve posture, movement quality and results.
Tom McCook, founder and director of Center of Balance in Mountain View, CA, is an internationally recognized fitness and movement specialist. Beginning his full time career in personal training in 1984, Tom designs programs for health and life performance for working professionals, people rehabilitating from injuries and world-class athletes including Olympic Gold Medal swimmers Natalie Coughlin, Jenny Thompson and Misty Hyman. Teaching Pilates since 1995, Tom is a Master Instructor of Pilates and CoreAlign for Balanced Body. His teaching approach integrates several mind/body practices including Pilates, yoga, Shiatsu, resistance stretching, Franklin Method, BodyCode System and life coaching. He also is committed to his own daily meditation and movement practice, which broadens his perspective and effectiveness as a teacher. Tom is a sought-after instructor at conferences, retreats and workshops he leads in the US and internationally. His work has been featured in several national magazines, newspapers and television programs. In 2003, Tom produced the exercise video “Combining Pilates & Yoga for Balance.”
Cost & Registration
Open to anyone wanting to learn how to be healthier and access their full movement potential! It is also an amazing continuing education opportunity for Pilates, fitness, body/mind, and rehab educators. Prepayment and pre-registration required. Call 650-967-6414 to sign up! CECs offered!
Please allow a minimum of 1 week notice if you must cancel your registration, otherwise you will be responsible for the full cost. We will refund your payment only if we can fill the slot.