CoreAlign Teacher Training
"A fabulous weekend! I feel fully prepared and ready to teach on the CoreAlign. It was also personally validating to me of the depth of my skill and experience as a teacher of movement. Tom McCook did an outstanding job of presenting the material in its inaugural weekend."
Learn this amazing innovation in functional movement education! A significant addition to a Pilates studio or personal training practice, CoreAlign training aims to stimulate the central nervous system to govern challenging natural whole-body-movements while creating a blend of flexibility, stability, strength and control. This teacher training program through Balanced Body is recommended for Pilates instructors, movement educators and Physical Therapists who are looking to expand their skills and tools for working with different client populations.
Please review our studio's Covid protocols prior to registering: Covid Protocols
2022 Course Schedule
February 5 - 6, 2022
|CORE/ALIGN 2||March 5 - 6, 2022|
February 5 - 6, 2022
CoreAlign 1: Foundations, is the heart of the CoreAlign training program. The course includes the theoretical basis of the CoreAlign method along with essential exercises designed to show you the full potential of the CoreAlign method. The new CoreAlign manuals and course curriculum is the best to date and organized with the movement principles from Pilates built into the program. There are about 40 new exercises and the names of the exercises have been streamlined to better match relevant movements in all exercise or movement environments. Also, all body positions are incorporated in CoreAlign 1 Foundations, unlike the original course which mostly was standing facing the ladder.
The course includes:
- 60+ Foundation exercises designed to build functional movement skills applicable to daily life and athletic pursuits.
- Exercise in supine, all fours, plank and standing positions.
- Specific exercise Tracks to focus on Trunk Integration, Upper Body Strength and Balance, Lower Body Strength and Power, Gait and Dynamic Flexibility.
- Progressions and regressions to address clients at different levels of ability.
- Specific modifications and precautions for working with clients with injuries and special populations.
- CoreAlign unit set up and safety.
- The Balanced Body Movement Principles to make your training more efficient, effective and safe.
March 5 - 6, 2022
CoreAlign 2: Progressions, builds on the foundation of CoreAlign 1 with progressions of the key exercises learned in CoreAlign 1 and additional exercise categories, training options and teaching techniques.
- Progressions of plank and standing exercises to address a range of training goals from core stabilization to creating integrated rotation for throwing sports.
- Training options using rotator discs, variable directions of resistance and moments of suspension.
- Exercises to challenge balance, coordination and complex movement patterns to prepare clients for anything life throws their way.
CoreAlign 2 provides an excellent platform for improving functional movement patterns for clients at any level of ability from physical therapy patients to professional athletes.