March 10 - 12, 2023
Hybrid (In-studio and virtual options)
CoreAlign 1: Foundations, is the heart of the CoreAlign training program. The course includes the theoretical basis of the CoreAlign method along with essential exercises designed to show you the full potential of the CoreAlign method. The new CoreAlign manuals and course curriculum is the best to date and organized with the movement principles from Pilates built into the program. There are about 40 new exercises and the names of the exercises have been streamlined to better match relevant movements in all exercise or movement environments. Also, all body positions are incorporated in CoreAlign 1 Foundations, unlike the original course which mostly was standing facing the ladder.
The course includes:
- 60+ Foundation exercises designed to build functional movement skills applicable to daily life and athletic pursuits.
- Exercise in supine, all fours, plank and standing positions.
- Specific exercise Tracks to focus on Trunk Integration, Upper Body Strength and Balance, Lower Body Strength and Power, Gait and Dynamic Flexibility.
- Progressions and regressions to address clients at different levels of ability.
- Specific modifications and precautions for working with clients with injuries and special populations.
- CoreAlign unit set up and safety.
- The Balanced Body Movement Principles to make your training more efficient, effective and safe.
Days & Times
Friday: 12am — 4:30pm
Saturday: 10:30am — 4:30pm
Sunday: 10:30am — 4pm
Recommended for individuals with a good background in movement.
Important Protocols for Successful Completion of this Course
The protocol for the Balanced Body teacher training is to be in live attendance and participation for all hours of each course. For virtual students, you must have your camera on at all times. The purpose of this is for you to learn in real time with feedback in the live learning process. It also is to stay current with the group and be in alignment with the standards of a certifying program, and to help ensure your success in completing the coursework with confidence.
For all equipment trainings (Reformer, Apparatus, CoreAlign, Bodhi)
For Virtual students, in addition to the above protocols, you’ll need to have the appropriate equipment to participate in the training. We strongly recommend you use a computer or laptop, not a phone.
Cost & Registration
$575/module, plus manuals fee.
This course is strongly recommended for accredited Pilates instructors and Physical Therapists, as well as advanced students looking to enhance their practice.
Note: Exercises on the CoreAlign are performed with grip socks.