Center of Balance is seeking a part-time Virtual Assistant to join our talented and dedicated team of Movement Educators and Physical Therapy specialists! Now that we’ve moved to our new hybrid model offering in-studio and virtual Zoom sessions, we are looking for an organized, professional and caring person to help us navigate our important administrative tasks and the workflow of our Directors, support our teaching staff and clients, and be part of our connected community.
Center of Balance is committed to help people improve the quality of their lives through healthy movement and restorative practices. As an important member of our team, you will help promote and advance the Mission and Values of Center of Balance. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to correspond in a friendly and clear manner. You’re good with details and being organized.
You can handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion, understanding HIPAA guidelines is a plus. You have strong interpersonal skills and are comfortable working with clients and staff on all competency levels.
Core Duties / Skills
- Answer and return phone calls and emails, promote the studio and its benefits, and field inquiries about our offerings.
- Using MindBody online - our master scheduling and payment system - help set up appointments, handle cancellations / rescheduling, and notify teachers of schedule changes.
- Oversee our client intake and onboarding process, as well as Physical Therapy patient administration.
- Be proactive in filling instructor openings for groups and privates, managing waitlists, and setting up clients.
- Troubleshoot any issues / glitches with schedules. Be a committed problem-solver!
- Manage client payments and autopays. Send emails or reminder calls to keep client accounts current.
- Help manage logistics of Zoom sessions, recordings and emailing Zoom links.
- Help set up and manage an internal staff communication program, ie Slack
- Perform special projects and other duties as planned with studio Directors.
- Participate in 1 x month staff Zoom meetings (Fri 3 - 4pm PST) and other periodic staff connections
- Able to work independently and also ask for help and guidance when needed. Be committed to open communication.
Technology Skills Needed
- Reliable, secure, private computer & internet, phone access
- MindBody Online experience preferred. Knowledge of scheduling / management software
- Current office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc)
- Gmail and Google Suite
- Slack or other online communications platform
This position will begin with 8 – 10 hours per week (1 – 2 hours per day), Monday – Friday, starting 9am mornings PST, with possible afternoon follow-up. This position may expand, depending on our evolving needs.
This is an employee position based in the US with starting pay rate of $22 per hour. We also offer free virtual Pilates Mat classes.
Your email should include the following:
- why you'd like to be part of our Center of Balance team
- detail your relevant experience / qualifications
- your work availability
- 3 professional references
Center of Balance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.